Clean Water for Our Children
One of the best ways to insure clean water for future generations is to educate our children on the importance of water treatment.
Visit Your Local Water Treatment Plant
One good way to become better educated about wastewater treatment is to visit your local water treatment plant. The South Central Wastewater Treatment Plant in Petersburg, Virginia welcomes visitors. You can sign up to tour the plant, see form below, so please contact us to learn how.
EPA Water Kid’s Pages
The U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has several educational pages and links for kids, including links to Bill Nye-the Science Guy and Eddie the Eco-dog.
Visit these EPA pages to learn more.
The following links are provided for your information and education. The South Central Wastewater Authority does not guarantee the accuracy or relevance of off-site links.
AWWA – American Water Works Association – An international nonprofit scientific and educational society dedicated to the improvement of drinking water quality and supply.
Virginia 811 – Virginia 811 is the “one stop” Virginia communications center for excavators, contractors, property owners, and those planning any kind of excavation (digging) or demolition. Virginia 811 advises ALL affected parties to call prior to digging. Notifying Virginia 811 before you dig is the LAW!
VDGIF – The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries is responsible for the management of inland fisheries, wildlife, and recreational boating for the Commonwealth of Virginia. The Department has an operational budget of approximately $51 million.
VRWA – Virginia Rural Water Association – The vision of the Virginia Rural Water Association is to be the leading professional organization that adapting its assistance and training to ensure services exceed the ever-changing needs of its members.
VWEA – The Virginia Water Environment Association, Inc. – Mission Statement: To preserve and enhance Virginia’s water environment, now and for future generations.
WEF – The Water Environment Federation is a not-for-profit technical and educational organization representing water quality professionals throughout the world. WEF and its member associations proudly work to achieve our mission of preserving and enhancing the global water environment.
Virginia Biosolids Council – The Virginia Biosolids Council supports the land application of biosolids in Virginia through information and education on the beneficial use and safety of biosolids.
The South Central Wastewater Authority operates under both Federal and State regulations. Some of the agencies which regulate water are the following:
Federal Regulatory Agencies
EPA – U. S. Environmental Protection Agency – The mission of the Environmental Protection Agency is to protect human health and the environment. Since 1970, EPA has been working for a cleaner, healthier environment for the American people.
State Regulatory Agencies
DEQ – Virginia Department of Environmental Quality – The Department of Environmental Quality aims to protect and enhance the environment for the benefit of the public.
The South Central Wastewater Authority provides the following Policy Statements for the convenience of our visitors, customers and other interested parties.
Freedom of Information Act
The South Central Wastewater Authority provides the following documents for the convenience of our visitors, customers and other interested parties.
- Financial Report FY 2015
- July 2016 Board Meeting Package
- August 2016 Board Meeting Package
- September 2016 Board Meeting Package
- October 2016 Special Board Meeting Notice
- November 2016 Board Meeting Package
- Financial Report FY 2016
- Governance Letter FY 2016
- January 2017 Chemical Bid Tabulations
- January 2017 Board Meeting Package
- Proposed Budget FY 2017-2018
- March 2017 Board Meeting Package
- May 2017 Board Meeting Package
- July 2017 Board Meeting Package
- August 2017 Board Meeting Package
- September 2017 Board Meeting Package
- October 2017 Board Work Session Package
- November 2017 Board Meeting Package
- 2017 Governance Letter
- ARWA 2018 Chemicals Bid Tabulations
- January 2018 Board Meeting Package
- Financial Report FY 2017
- March 2018 Board Meeting Package
- May 2018 Board Meeting Package
- SCWWA FY19 Proposed Budget Notice
- June 2018 Board Meeting Package
- August 2018 Board Meeting Package
- October 2018 Board Meeting Package
- November 2018 Board Meeting Package
- Financial Report FY 2018
- January 2019 Board Meeting Package
- March 2019 Board Meeting Package
- May 2019 Board Meeting Package
- July 2019 Board Meeting Package
- September 2019 Board Meeting Package
- November 2019 Board Meeting Package
- SCWWA FY18-19 Financial Report
- ARWA-SCWWA 2020 Chemical Bid Results
- January 2020 Board Meeting Package
- March 2020 Board Meeting Package
- July 2020 Board Meeting Package
- September 2020 Board Meeting Package
The files above are available in .pdf format (Portable Document Format), which can be read with the free Adobe Reader. These are PDF links, which will open in a new window or tab using Adobe Reader. If you don’t have it installed click here to get it for free.